Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Eve

At the end of a year - at least according to the Chinese lunar calendar - we are supposed to toss away the used items. Time to clean up.

Before the advent of such smart gadgets as personal digital assistant, I used to copy my friends' address and phone number in my diary anew each year. I had never learned to love this painstaking ritual of renewing my friends yearly.

As for me, friends are never meant to be used items for cleaning up.

Why is there such a need to delete an old friend who passed away from our telephone directory? Actually, I could understand it, but I just couldn't stand it. Thanks to the handheld electronic gadget, I don't have to copy the friends' list every year, and simply enjoy adding new names to my directory.

No comments: