Friday, August 30, 2024

Adelaide

Being invited to give talks in scientific meeting in Australia is an honour. The only two reasons to accept the invitation – and they’re good ones – are intellectual exchange and chance to visit Adelaide.

Even though there isn’t direct flight into Adelaide Airport, travel to Adelaide is easy. I slept through the journey soon after watching one documentary by David Attenborough on the plane. By the time of landing, I realised my missing the meals.

That didn’t matter. I was happy enough to have arrived one day before the conference. There has never been a more exciting time to explore the city before long days of conference. I headed straight to forest walk on arriving at Adelaide this afternoon, skipping breakfast and lunch. 

My pick was Waterfall Gully surrounding Cleland National Park. The trail to Mt Lofty Summit through steep hills and stingybark forests is every Adelaidian's favourite climb. That's where I saw many cardio crusaders and sweaty joggers. That's where I listened to birdsongs of golden whistlers and chirps of superb blue wrens. That's the best welcome event for an academic conference.

No comments: